To comply with current Health & Safety legislation, staff engaged in manual handling must be given training in safe manual handling techniques. This training will show your staff how to carry out manual handling tasks correctly and therefore avoid back injuries. By training your staff how to conduct manual handling safely you are complying with your legal requirements. Back injuries caused by incorrect manual handling techniques are one of the most frequent causes of workers compensation claims.
On completion of this course participants will be able to: Lift and handle loads safely. Recognise a load which is too heavy or awkward. Realise the consequence of incorrect lifting.
- Dangers of careless and unskilled methods
- Principles of levers and laws of motion ·
- Anatomy of the spine and muscular system ·
- How the body is harmed through incorrect handling techniques
- How to handle loads safely
- Lifting to and from ground level
- Lifting to and from a height
- Lifting (bags, sacks, boxes, where appropriate)
- Other organisation specific lifting tasks
- Competence testing
|Who should attend:||Staff who are engaged in lifting loads during their work.|
|Assessment, Certification||Practical; Each trainee will be assessed on their practical lifting techniques Theory; Multiple choice exam. GHSS Certificate of Attendance.|
|Certificate Valid for||3yrs.|
|Max. No. of Trainees||12|