IOSH Managing Safely for Construction Managers (IOSH MSCM)
This IOSH Certified four-day course is specifically tailored to reflect the requirements of managing safely in a construction environment based on a risk management approach to health and safety.
On completion of this programme participants will have detailed knowledge of the following key safety issues:
· Legislation. · · Accident/incident/ill-health causation/investigation and avoidance
· Risk Assessment and Safety Management
· Reactive monitoring focusing on aspects of the Construction environment
· Active monitoring
· Controlling Common workplace hazards
· Human Factors
· Safety Management Systems
• Construction Regulations 2006
• Duties of the Designer, Client, PSDP, PSCS, Contractor.
• Documentation – Preliminary Health and Safety Plan, Construction Stage Health and Safety Plan, Site Safety File, Method Statement & Safe System of Work Plans (SSWP’s)
• Working at Heights including Scaffolding and Ladders
• Excavations, Underground Services, Overhead Lines.
• Plant & Machinery – Work Equipment,
• Signing, Lighting and Guarding at Roadwork’s & Site Traffic Management
• Confined Spaces & Explosive Atmospheres
• Permit to Work Systems.
• Safety Health & Welfare at Work Act 2005
• General Application Regulations 2007
• Manual Handling, Ergonomics.
• Abrasive Wheels
• Fire Safety
• Hazardous Substances
• Bullying and Stress
• Risk Assessment
• Presentation of Project
• Active & Reactive Monitoring – Site Auditing
• Accidents and Incidents/Dangerous Occurrences Investigation and Recording, Statuary Reporting.
• Asbestos Safety
• Safety Management Systems – Safe -T- Cert & OSHAS 18001, ISO 9001 and 14001
• Final Exam
|Who should attend:||The course is ideal for Project Managers, Site Managers, Contract Managers, Safety Managers, Site Agents, Engineers, Architects, Site Supervisors, Site Foremen and those looking to build their competency and qualifications in construction safety.|
|Assessment, Certification||Participants complete a written exam and project.
On successful completion of the exam participants will be awarded an internationally recognised IOSH Managing Safely Certificate.
|Required prior learning.||None|
|Max. No. of Trainees||Classes can vary from 8 – 20 learners.|